Friday 27 June 2008

Queens Of The Stone Age's Josh Homme Rejects Homophobe Claims

Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme has denied being a homophobe after he threatened to “butt-fuck” a fan at a Norwegian Festival.



The threat occurred after the fan appeared to throw a bottle at the band while they were performing at the Norwegian Wood festival in Oslo last weekend.



In the incident, a video of which was published on the video sharing website YouTube, Homme launches a lengthy verbal assault on the fan before having him ejected by security.



Now, in response to media claims that his attack included homophobic language, Homme has published an open letter in which he rejects the accusations.



Homme wrote: “Some journalists & citizens on the internet & are wondering: Q? Am I a homophobe because I included a slang for gay in with other "acceptable" curse words during a verbal lashing I gave a young concertgoer, after being hit by his shoe, during a show the other day? A= Nope.



“My gay family & friends, as well as myself, KNOW I am not a homophobe. For years now I've known gay is not a choice; one's skin color doesn't determine one's intelligence level; & red hair doesn't mean you're someone's stepchild.



“You see, it's not the words, it's their intent. I never said, nor suggested, that being gay is wrong, but apparently, based on your outrage to my flu-infused rant, you do! By that logic... I also told that young whipper snapper I'd have anal sex with him... how can I possibly reconcile these opposing viewpoints?”




In his letter, which originally appeared on the bands website, Homme says that he never has been nor does he “intend to be politically correct.”



“That's your cross to bear. To me, that PC world would suck more shit than the porta-potty truck at Glastonbury,” he wrote.




See Also